How might we best work with young people to design and develop mental health and wellbeing initiatives for young people?
The Victorian Health Promotion Foundation (VicHealth) are working on an innovative program to improve the mental health and wellbeing of young Victorians, by helping them to build their resilience — their ability to maintain balance in the face of adversity, in a way that empowers and enables them to develop and realise their strengths.
In order to design engaging and effective initiatives for young people, VicHealth believe that they should be designed with young people. That’s why Doing Something Good, Collabforge, and Project Synthesis are working with them to develop an innovative and dynamic process that enables VicHealth to cocreate health and wellbeing initiatives for young people, with young people.
Please join us for our Codesign for Young People workshop Thursday 12 February
We would like to invite you to join us for our upcoming Codesign for Young People workshop to:
- learn about innovative cocreation models from around the world, from diverse disciplines and cultures
- explore how we might enable young people (aged 16-21) to learn, share, create and work together
- identify effective processes, practices and principles that enable codesign with young people
- prototype a dynamic cocreation process to work with young people
- experience an innovative design led process for ideation and rapid prototyping
- connect with other innovative and passionate professionals with an interest in the health and wellbeing of young people
Learn and practice the art of thinking together and creating together
We are inviting thought leaders and practitioners from the youth sector to work with service design professionals, facilitators, educators and entrepreneurs, in the development of this meaningful and innovative project.
We hope you can join us.
Codesign for Young People Workshop Details
Date: Thursday 12 February 2015
Time: 9:30am arrival for 10:00am start, finish at 5:00pm
Venue: VicHealth, 15-31 Pelham St, Carlton
Participants will be provided with learning resources and a post-event summary of outputs and insights.
Registration is FREE. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
If you are interested in joining us for the Codesign with Young People Workshop, please contact David Hood on 0413 124 427.
Additional information on the workshop program will be forwarded for workshop participants once they have registered.