Workshop: 2 & 16 November – Getting on Track for Success with Social Media (Melbourne)
Not sure how to best make social media work for your campaign, project or organisation? Want to learn how you can effectively use social media to achieve your vision and make your big idea happen?
In our new practical workshop we will answer your big questions, save you hours of unnecessary stress, and get you on track confidently building your online presence and engaging your community to achieve your objectives.
What you can expect
Getting on Track is an intensive two day workshop where you, your staff or team members will:
- discover how to use the most popular social media platforms more strategically and effectively
- design a system that enables you to manage all your online channels, and curate and publish quality content
- work on a digital communications strategy for your organisation or project
Who is Getting on Track made for?
Anyone with at least a basic level of experience blogging or using Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, who:
- wants to go beyond the basics and be more strategic to grow reach and impact
- needs help managing multiple online profiles (personal or professional)
- could use practical tips and systems to effectively use time and available resources
What you will leave with
- an understanding of the key principles of social media best practice
- the outline of a practical social media policy for your group or organisation
- a draft social media strategy for a current project or campaign
- a plan for assessing and mitigating risk
Join communications strategists and digital media practitioners David Hood and Rebecca Frew, for this hands-on two day workshop packed with knowledge, tips and insights. Between them David and Rebecca have over seven years of experience working with leading organisations including Greenpeace, Hub Melbourne, RMIT, TEDxMelbourne, the Victorian Department of Justice, Country Fire Authority, and social entrepreneurs and future builders from all over the world.
We’ll cover strategy, systems, tips and tools for:
- social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram and Pinterest
- blogging platforms WordPress and Tumblr
- event-based sites Eventbrite, Meetup and Storify
- email and newsletter marketing using Mailchimp
- mobile apps
Lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea are included.
Book two or more staff or team members in our Getting on Track workshop and take advantage of two days of facilitated strategy development together, and 15% off the cost of registration.
To help provide an optimal learning experience, workshop size will be kept to 18 participants. Please register early to ensure your place.
Join us for Getting on Track for Social Media Success in Melbourne, Friday 2 & Friday 16 November
Collabforge are a Melbourne-based consultancy with expertise in collaboration, innovation and emerging technologies. Collabforge help organisations and communities build capability for collaboration and tap into the potential of the web and other social technologies.
This Getting on Track for Social Media Success workshop will be delivered by David Hood (Doing Something Good) and Rebecca Frew (Collabforge).
David has been working with not-for-proﬁts
The use of social media has been deeply integrated
Rebecca leads a suite of social media projects
Recent work includes preparing the response
Earlier in her career Rebecca was a high-school
Latest posts by David Hood (see all)
- EcoCity Food Forum 2013 with City of Melbourne - 16 May, 2013
- Digital Changemaker Apprenticeships - 16 April, 2013
- Unconference: 22 March, 2013 – EcoCity Food Forum Melbourne - 7 March, 2013