The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation are offering $4 million in funding over the next two years for innovative programs that prevent or reduce harm from gambling for at-risk populations across Victoria.
Project objectives need to align with at least one of the following six streams of funding:
- Interrupts the normalisation of gambling.
- Builds social connectedness and community resilience, to prevent the onset of at-risk gambling behaviours.
- Reduction of stigma in terms of gambling harm and help seeking.
- Work with a range of professionals to build understanding of gambling as a public health issue, and support available.
- Builds the capacity of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) organisations to prevent and respond to gambling harm.
- Expansion of funding for projects that have demonstrated excellence.
Grant applications are open until 14 March 2017. Learn more at: responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au/awareness-and-prevention/local-prevention-program
Interested parties are encouraged to attend two upcoming workshops facilitated by Doing Something Good:
- Preventing Harm From Gambling Unconference on Monday 20 February, and
- Innovation in Service Design Workshop on Wednesday 22 February.
> Find out more and register at: responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au/awareness-and-prevention/local-prevention-program/prevention-partnership-program-workshops